Buxton School has been a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme (DofE) licenced operating centre since 2013. This means that we can manage the award in entirety and award participants upon completion. Programmes take between one to four years to complete, and they must be completed by the participant’s twenty-fifth birthday. With assistance from adult Leaders, participants select and set objectives in each of the following areas:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community.
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests.
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad.
- At Gold level, participants must do an additional fifth Residential section, which involves staying and working away from home for five days, doing a shared activity.
To achieve an award, the participant must work on each section for a minimum period of time, and must be monitored and assessed by someone with knowledge of the chosen activities.
Each progressive level demands more time and commitment from participants:
- Bronze 3–6 months;
- Silver: 6–9 months;
- Gold: 12–18 months.
Participants are required to show regular activity and commitment to the award for the duration of their DofE programme, which is usually at least one hour per week.
Please speak to Mahfuza Patel Volunteer and Duke of Edinburgh Coordinator 07563 768674 for more information
DUKE OF EDINBURGH MEETINGS 2016/2017
This year DofE meetings will take place once per month for all
students doing the DofE
Every meeting will start at 3pm
For the year 2016/2017 the meeting dates are as follows;
19TH SEPTEMBER 2016
3RD OCTOBER 2016
7TH NOVEMBER 2016
5TH DECEMBER 2016
9TH JANUARY 2017
20TH FEBRUARY 2017
27TH MARCH 2017
15TH MAY 2017
12TH JUNE 2017
3RD JULY 2017