We believe that every pupil can be INSPIRED to be the very best that they can be.
We set the highest of EXPECTATIONS so that pupils will develop the skills, confidence and independence necessary to become SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS.
We are a supportive COMMUNITY.
We are AMBITIOUS for our pupils and the role that they will play in the future of their local and global communities.
TOGETHER with families we will enable every pupil to fulfil their potential.
Our vision pervades everything we do – learning to inspire, inspired to learn
Our aims as a Specialist Science College are to:
• raise standards of attainment for all pupils, particularly in our specialist subjects
• extend the subjects available both within the school day and after school time
• raise the standard of teaching and learning in our specialist subjects
Learning and leadership
Our students need to develop the skills to become leaders, to take responsibility
and show commitment and enthusiasm. This also develops their self-confidence.
We encourage this by giving the students opportunities to
• take assemblies
• raise money for charities
• serve as form captains
• serve on the school council
• become prefects
• be ambassadors for the school by meeting and greeting guests and visitors.
• Become trained and work as ‘peer leaders’